Yates Garden Guide
Softback, 480 pages
Reviewed by Mary Joyce
YATES Garden Guide has been updated for its 77th edition. The guide was first published in 1895, 112 years ago, when Arthur Yates wrote the first guide. It has sold more than a million copies and is acknowledged as the best-selling gardening book in Australasia.
The newly released edition includes new features:
- expanded chapter on garden design,
- a new section on organic gardening and permaculture,
- tips for water-saving gardening,
- suggestions for container gardening and planting in difficult spots,
- lists of top plants for any situation,
- ideas for kids gardening,
- hundreds of handy hints, and
- gurus from around the country.
The book also has a fresh new look, with a more user-friendly layout.
Reproduced with permission from the former Weekend Gardener magazine. The views expressed here are not necessarily those of the RNZIH